CODE OF CONDUCT
You’ve joined the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) to have fun, learn, network and grow with fellow members. We’re here to make that possible and provide the best possible environment for everyone involved. For all that to happen, we have a few rules that are necessary for the safety and comfort of everyone. We simply ask that you respect and observe these rules. We want to come together as a community, look out for one another, and ensure everyone is treated with respect.
SCA maintains a zero tolerance policy for harassment, violent behavior, and sexually offensive behavior or actions. This includes, but it not limited to: harassment toward another individual on the basis of gender, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, religion, creed, race, color, national origin, medical condition, genetic disorder, physical or mental disability, marital status, age or sexual orientation; physical or verbal threats; unwelcome attention; bullying, stalking; use of physical force; behavior that creates a disturbance or is dangerous, including lewd or generally offensive behavior or language; using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct; and obscene gestures. Anyone found to be behaving in any way that violates this policy, either in person or online, may be removed from the Association without refund and may be banned from future SCA events.
Reporting Harassment or Other Conduct Violations
SCA has taken steps to make it easier to report instances of offensive behavior. It is very important to us that, if you experience any form of harassment, you know that you can and should report it immediately. We cannot address anything that we are not made aware of, and we need whatever detail can be provided, such as names or other descriptive information. If you experience or witness harassment, threatening behavior, or other inappropriate conduct, you are strongly encouraged to promptly find the nearest SCA staff member for assistance. You may also reach out to the Director of Human Resources, Leigh Duszynski, firstname.lastname@example.org and your complaint will be responded to swiftly. If, at any time, you feel that your personal safety or the safety of others is in jeopardy, please contact 911.
Other SCA Policies
- SCA is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property, or for injuries sustained during the course of an event.
- No firearms or other weapons are ever allowed insideour events or on our premises.
- Illegal drugs are never allowed inside of our events.
- Alcohol may be served or be otherwise available; but disorderly conduct is never allowed.
- Members doing willful damage to SCA property will be required to financially reimburse SCA or the venue.
- We reserve the right to remove Members or Attendees if you violate this Code of Conduct.
- Please respect those that do not wish to be photographed or recorded by asking permission to take pictures.
- Have fun, be safe, be respectful and remember to use good judgment and professionalism in all situations.
Consequences of Code of Conduct Violation
If a member violates the Code of Conduct, they may be barred from the Association for a specific amount of time or the duration of their membership and may also be barred in the future. If an individual breaks the law, they will be subject to reporting to the proper law enforcement authorities.